Have you ever asked yourself any of these questions?
- How do I get to my forever home? Where do I even start?
- How can I express my classic taste and create a personal space?
- How can I design a downsized space for my easiest, most beautiful living?
- What are my smartest investments in furniture and decor?
These are the most common issues our clients face in decorating their homes. And when it comes to taking action, time marching on can be our foe, especially when indecision and busyness leaves us solidly parked in procrastination station.
So after hearing over and over again from our clients, “but I just want to do this part”, I realised something pretty important. Not all of us can or want to complete a home project in one grand swoop.
Where one person might be able to decorate a room in one go, another would prefer to stretch the project out over time. And that’s not necessarily to help with financial resources; they might simply want more time to be thoughtful and intentional about creating a home and lifestyle designed to last.
“We all arrive at our own pace, and small progress forward is still progress!”
Thus, this need for step-by-step assistance became the inspiration behind our Signature 4-Stage Decorating service.
The 4-stage approach allows anyone to get the support they need for “just” a single decorating phase or the whole concept-to-conclusion design.
It’s flexible and personal. It’s a process that truly takes your lifestyle and goals into mind, helps you make smart investments, and guides you to creating your forever home with your own two hands and a willing heart. Here’s how it works…
Maybe you’re ready for clarity on placement and sizing before making big ticket furniture purchases. Maybe you’re frustrated by an awkward floor plan and moving furniture hasn’t helped. Or maybe you’re downsizing and unsure what to keep and what will fit in your new space.
Stage 1 will give you peace of mind on layout and style. We’ll:
- Measure the room and your existing furniture
- Discover your functional needs for the space
- Refine your style goals into a design direction
- Help you decide which furniture you will keep for the final design
- Draw your room’s optimal layout for your lifestyle
You’ll move forward with a personally tailored plan for your space’s layout and the confidence to make smart purchases. (If desired, in Stage 3 we specify furnishings for you and provide you with purchase links.)
Stage 2 in our Signature 4-Stage Decorating sets the foundation for your final design: selecting paint, flooring and window treatments. It’s important to complete this stage before you acquire new furnishings, because it’s no secret… painting and flooring installation make a mess!
In this stage, we’ll help you:
- Refine your desired style, functionality, and budget
- Measure for flooring and window furnishings
- Recommend flooring and research products on your behalf
- Source materials and colour palette
- Help you make the best decisions for you
- Create your unique shopping list
You’ll then be equipped to make the purchases, oversee the labor at your pace, and feel confident that your final design will be cohesive, efficient, and unique to your goals and tastes.
Rugs and furniture are the next step in creating your forever home, and this is when the design makes the biggest visual leap. We’ll help you find classic, elegant pieces that speak to your taste and look incredible together, whether you’ve completed Stages 1 & 2 with us or already have your foundation in place.
- Refine your desired style, functionality, and furnishings budget
- Create your room’s design mood board to help you visualise the selections
- Comb through your favourite online stores (and ours!) to find the best furnishings for your taste and lifestyle
- Provide purchasing URLs for selected products and easy shopping
You’ll have everything you need to make the purchases, receive the shipments, and expertly decorate your space as we’ve mapped out for you!
The final destination in our Signature 4-Stage Decorating process includes the finishing touches that truly make your design feel like home. In this stage, we’ll:
- Help you audit your existing accessories and style bookcases, consoles, mantels, or tabletops in the room
- Give you a shopping consultation for guided selections of finishing touch decor accent pieces across three categories: cushions, art, and accessories
You’ll leave with a professionally styled space and the guidance to complete the look with additional accessories if needed… and voilà, you’ve arrived!
We truly can’t wait to help you take action on your biggest, and likely most important, goals. If you’re ready to plan your project, our Guide to Budgeting Your Furnishings will also be a great resource for you.
And of course, if you have any questions, be sure to ask them in the comments below!
Until next time,