Designer for a Day
You know your style and you have ideas right? but something has been holding you back and a little expert guidance is all you need to carry on with designing your own home. Rather than engage in full service design for your project, you can now get the help you are looking for, that is focused on where you need it most.
When you book our Designer for a Day service, you will receive Journey Home’s Build project design template. It will provide you with the structure you need when making selections for a build or renovation. Not only will it guide you through all the decisions you need for your build, it will help you keep track of your selections in a logical way. Your builder will think you are a professional!
You will also receive a one on one day with an experienced Interior designer for expert advice and VIP shopping for your construction project. At the end of the day, you will have achieved many selections for your project and have the confidence, backed by design structure to continue your dream home build.
Rate $1599 including lunch and morning tea.
We will cover as many of these items as we can in a day but I will ask you to pick your top four priorities when booking. I explain why you need to choose four to start with in the video.
- 9.00 am Meet at Journey Home Studio in Reid. Set design shopping priorities / design brief.
- Review plans and solve spatial planning and other issues
- Tile Shopping (Floor and wall)
- Flooring coverings shopping (Timber flooring & carpet)
- Joinery Selections (Bench tops and cupboards)
- Tapware & Sanitary ware shopping
- Lighting shopping
- Appliance shopping
- Exterior Brick and colorbond® selections
- Paint colours
- Doors and hardware
- Help me document professionally
- 4.30 pm recap and document 30 minutes.
Nadine explains this service on video. Click here.
Things to know about this service
- We will break for morning tea and lunch which are our treat.
- This service is not for everyone, for example: If you aren’t comfortable making decisions quickly and moving forward, then try selecting fewer areas to cover select multiple days or talk to us about upgrading to full service interior design.
- Can you call back after the service with questions? Sorry the service is limited to the day only.
- Will I get any documentation of my selections sent after? With your booking confirmation we will email you our fabulous design template to help you organise your selections. You will be taking your notes during the day, with my help, and I will run my eye over it during our recap session. Helpful tip- bring your ipad to photograph your selections and take regular notes during the day.
“I booked in through Journey Home’s website for a Day with a Designer. It was a very easy process. I then spent a fantastic day with Nadine going through different options for my home, visiting showrooms and finished with a written plan, so I know what to do. I am now confident that I can get quotes of the appropriate trades and I know what I want, which will save time and money on my build.
Thanks Journey Home for a great service that is going to make my renovation pop and look and feel timeless!”