Designer for a Day
You know your style and you have ideas right? but something has been holding you back and a little expert guidance is all you need to carry on with designing your own home. Rather than engage in full service design for your project, you can now get the help you are looking for, that is focused on where you need it most.
When you book our Designer for a Day service, you will receive Journey Home’s Build project design template. It will provide you with the structure you need when making selections for a build or renovation. Not only will it guide you through all the decisions you need for your build, it will help you keep track of your selections in a logical way. Your builder will think you are a professional!
You will also receive a one on one day with an experienced Interior designer for expert advice and VIP shopping for your construction project. At the end of the day, you will have achieved many selections for your project and have the confidence, backed by design structure to continue your dream home build.
We will cover as many of these items as we can in a day but I will ask you to pick your top four priorities when booking. I explain why you need to choose four to start with in the video below.
- 9.00 am Meet at Journey Home Studio in Reid. Set design shopping priorities / design brief.
- Review plans and solve spatial planning and other issues
- Tile Shopping (Floor and wall)
- Flooring coverings shopping (Timber flooring & carpet)
- Joinery Selections (Bench tops and cupboards)
- Tapware & Sanitary ware shopping
- Lighting shopping
- Appliance shopping
- Exterior Brick and colorbond® selections
- Paint colours
- Doors and hardware
- Help me document professionally
- 4.30 pm recap and document 30 minutes.