Ask an Expert for DIY Interior Design
Stuck in overwhelm? Afraid of making expensive mistakes? Not sure if your design works Designing your renovation or build is an exciting and rewarding process, but it can be difficult without experience.
If you spend your waking hours dreaming about your ideas but feel stuck on the execution, Asking an Expert is the answer…
Get 1-on-1 Access to a Design Expert
Hello, design confidence.
“Ask a Design Expert” is right for you if…
- DIY the design for your renovation or build
- Save on professional design fees
- Escape from information overwhelm
- Get an expert’s eye on your ideas
- Avoid expensive mistakes (& get accurate quotes)
- Find the classic materials you are looking for
In each Session with an Expert, you will meet one of our experienced Interior Designers over Zoom to help you solve your current design dilemmas and move your project forward with confidence.
How It Works
DIY design at your own pace
- In your first 1-hour Zoom Coaching Session, we’ll take a couple of minutes to understand your total project and explain how to best use your time with our expert.
- We will use the remaining time, or sessions (if you choose our 6-session package), to help solve your design problems or make design selections together.
- We record and share every session with you, so you can go back over it at any time.
- After each session, you can book your next to keep your project moving.
- Complete your DIY design project, live beautifully & show off your achievement!
Meet Your Design Experts
The Journey Home Team
When you work with the Journey Home design team, you get access to our decade of hands-on experience designing hundreds of classic-style homes. Best of all, you get a professional who genuinely understands what it’s like to want to create your forever home now, while you can enjoy it.
Together, we will help you feel…
- Confident in your design decisions and investments
- Overjoyed in your ability to finally complete the home you dream of
- Excited to live in beauty, comfort, and sophistication
- Proud to entertain and show off your great taste!
Don’t let “someday” turn into never. Get the design confidence you need to succeed!
Book Your Session
6 Session Package
Frequently Asked Questions
How can “Ask an Expert” work if you can’t see my home in person?
As experts with over a decade of experience, we have solved every manner of dilemma (it takes a lot to surprise us!) and we are also accustomed to looking at spaces online. This means that we can solve many problems without ever setting foot in your place.
For example, in a recent phone conversation with a client, she proposed to use Lexicon White paint colour on the wall. We were able to advise her that this colour is a cold white with blue tones and was not going to achieve the warm home she wanted, so the mistake (and associated time and expense of fixing it) was avoided. That’s the benefit of an expert’s eye!
What does “Ask an Expert” cost?
We are confident that your investment in a Design Expert will be equal to or less than the amount you will save with our advice. Simply choosing the right colour kitchen tiles or the best layout for a bathroom can save you thousands of dollars! And that is just one decision in rooms full of many.
To fit a variety of needs, we offer two pricing options. A single Session is $400, while our 6-Session package is $1,500 and can be used within 6-12 months at your pace.
How do I know if 1 or 6 Coaching Sessions are right for me?
If you feel stuck on a particular design dilemma or unsure which next step is best for moving your project forward, a single Session with Expert can give you the clarity and confidence you need to proceed. If you want long-term support, selection help, and maybe even some accountability to take your project all the way to completion, 6 sessions is the best track.
Do I need to have a specific design budget to work with you?
No. We have experience working at a variety of budget levels and can give you the best advice for maximising your investment for your forever home goals.
How do I know if “Ask an Expert” will work for me?
If you have been feeling stuck, overwhelmed, your builder is demanding your design decision, or you’re simply eager for advice you can trust, we can help. In fact, we are so confident it works that we will refund or redo the Session if you aren’t satisfied.
What if I don’t get your expertise for my design project?
This is what we have seen and heard from our clients… Procrastinating or saying “someday I’ll do it” usually results in years of suffering the conflicting advice of friends and family, and you will likely spend more time and money on items that don’t create the look and feel you imagine. (This is when we usually get called in to fix it.) The combined disappointment is often so exhausting that time passes by and you may never achieve your forever home. This is heartbreaking!
You deserve to live your life in beauty, peace, comfort, and pride, and even small yet consistent steps can help you get there. This is why our expertise can be so powerful and life-changing.