Frequently asked questions
How long does a typical decorating project take to complete?
Decorating project implementation can take from 12 – 18 weeks when custom / bespoke furnishings are involved.
How does the furnishing purchasing work?
How can I find out what your clients think about working with you?
What are your decorating fees?
What are your interior design fees
Start the conversation with a pre-design consultation
What geographic area do you serve?
Can I book in for a short consultation to get some decorating guidance to carry on with?
Can I book in a decorating plan to implement it in stages?
We don’t recommend anyone to ever partially decorate a room with bits as you go it is a sure path to less than satisfactory results. We do not provide partial decorating services for partial rooms i.e. just help with a new lounge. It is recommended that you wait till you are ready to work on a room design holistically and carry it all the way through to implementation. As your decorators we will design all your room elements with specific furnishings and fabrics in mind, if those products become unavailable because you waited to implement the room in stages your service fees will be wasted. If you are not sure how much budget you need to complete a room, don’t worry we do know what it costs to decorate and we are happy to share that info. Start the conversation by completing our enquiry questionnaire, then a designer will contact you to discuss your project budget.
Can I build or renovate in stages?
Full Service Decorating – Who is it for?
- You are busy and prefer to spend your time on work, family, travel and your interests.
- You want the full furnishing service from concept to installation
- You want and appreciate good quality finishes and products
- You want to furnish properly and once.
- You value outsourcing leg work and expertise to someone who can bring experience to your project.
- You want a home that reflects you but are not sure how to go about it or tie it all together
- You need help defining your style and it’s fit with your home’s architecture
- You have your own ideas but also value the vision that may not have occurred to you.
- You want us to source furnishings and finishes for you.
- You don’t want to spend your time shopping online
- You don’t want to run home 10 times to let delivery men in or put furniture together.
- You don’t want furniture from stores like Ikea, 1825 Interiors, Freedom, King furniture and you are ready to invest in good quality pieces.
- You are prepared to wait a reasonable time for the right furnishing item.
Full Service Decorating - Who is it NOT for?
- You are hands on and are happy to do the leg-work of creating your space
- You like to select all your own colours, finishes and furniture
- You are on a very tight budget
- You prefer to shop from online
- You simply want advice on what to go and purchase yourself from stores yourself such as Ikea, 1825, Freedom, King furniture etc.
- You are not interested in investing in good quality, long lasting pieces
- You have oversized modular leather lounges or recliner chairs which don’t fit your brief nor room size but you are not open to replacing them.
- You are not open to replacing recently purchased furnishings that were perhaps a mistake.
- You are not open to replacing or reupholstering at least 80% of the furnishings in the room.
- You simply want someone to add some accessories to and or move your existing furnishings around to make a room look better.
- You are in a rush to complete it and need it done yesterday
What is styling?
- Pre-sale property styling or staging is a packaged service, where a stylist will select, hire and install a range of furnishings to improve the appeal of a property to its target demographic thereby increasing the sale price or speed of sale or both. There is little or no input from the homeowner. Property Stylists hold furnishings as stock, usually of modest quality, to fulfill their rental bookings. At this time Journey Home does NOT offer presale styling or furniture hire as defined above. We DO provide services to clients for their renovation and decorating projects where resale value is the primary objective. We can provide recommendations to stylists if you need one. BTW if you’ve been told you need a stylist, you’ve been told you are bad at decorating – why not consider us for your next home.
- The term styling is often used by the architectural and design community when referring to design activity that not related to construction elements, at Journey Home we like to call this Interior decorating.
- Often styling is referred to by potential clients as having a bit of a refresh by moving around existing furnishings and adding a layer of new accessories. We do not offer styling in this sense as a stand-alone service, however styling in beautiful accessories with our clients own is a vital component of our fully furnished room service on install day.
#STYLINGTOSTAY – Furnish your home beautifully when you move in, and you not the next person will get to enjoy your investment for years, Fully furnished room services
Why our clients have decorated with us?
Want rooms that are complete and comfortable.
Journey Home has gathered considerable resources including our soft furnishings work room, furnishing suppliers and a network of skilled and reliable tradesman, not to mention our dedicated admin staff who’ve got their finger on the pulse of each project.